Free AdviceGet Free Advice
Home | Get advice | Give advice | Topics | Columnists | - !START HERE! -
Make Suggestions | Sitemap

Get Advice

Search Questions

Ask A Question

Browse Advice Columnists

Search Advice Columnists

Chat Room

Give Advice

View Questions
Search Questions
Advice Topics


Remember me
Register for free!
Lost Password?

Want to give Advice?

Sign Up Now
(It's FREE!)


Shirts and Stuff
Page Backgrounds
Make Suggestions
Site News
Link To Us
About Us
Terms of Service
Contact Us


Question Posted Thursday May 18 2006, 9:40 pm

Okay im 14/f and im about to graduate 8th grade.... well this year has been very stressful for me and i mean latly everyhting has been catching up with me and i think im begeninng to feel the early signs of depression.... i think i need to go to a counsiler.... but i dont know i mean how do i ask my parents to go to a consiler without them freaking out

[ Answer this question ]
Want to answer more questions in the Health & Fitness category?
Maybe give some free advice about: Mental health?

animalover658 answered Sunday May 21 2006, 3:53 pm:
I was diagnosed with deppression, but I didn't know it. I think you should just talk to them, and break it to them slowly.

Hope it works out


[ animalover658's advice column | Ask animalover658 A Question

JazzyGotDaAnswer answered Sunday May 21 2006, 11:58 am:
you can either find a way to tell your prents or you can go see a school a counselor without your parents knowing it's ways you cam handle this with out anyone knowing what your doing


[ JazzyGotDaAnswer's advice column | Ask JazzyGotDaAnswer A Question

marzrocks answered Saturday May 20 2006, 9:50 pm:
the fact is the same thing happend to me at the end of 8th grade.
deppression is hard but if you can put your mind above it you'll be fine.
the main thing is to stay active, like go do stuff with friends, or go bike riding, rollerblading, just stay doing somthing.
the thing about deppression is that it makes you NOT wanna do stuff. so if you say, im not going to loose to you mr. deppression, and go do it its gone for that time.
i dont think you dont need to see a counsler unless you try what i said, and it doesnt work. but i'll bet you $100 it will
♥ jordan

[ marzrocks's advice column | Ask marzrocks A Question

BeFABULOUSxo answered Friday May 19 2006, 2:20 pm:
I've gone through depression too. It's really hard to deal with especially when people don't know exasctly what you are going through. I know how difficult it can be when it seems like you want someone to talk to but no know can relate to you and give you advice.

Just do things that make you happy! WAtch a movie, play a game, hang out with your friends.

be happy <3


[ BeFABULOUSxo's advice column | Ask BeFABULOUSxo A Question

BRUNETTE__BABiE__CAKESZ answered Friday May 19 2006, 11:42 am:
hey, well if you feel comfortable with talking to your parents or relatives about your problems then theres no need for a counciler. but if you dont feel comfortable with talking to them, then i think yuo should see a counciler. its different for everyone. but just tell your parents that your having some problems and you think that they can be resolved by counciling. they should understand. if they ask you whats wrong just polietly say i dont feel comfortable speaking about it with someone i know. cait&hearts;

[ BRUNETTE__BABiE__CAKESZ's advice column | Ask BRUNETTE__BABiE__CAKESZ A Question

DonutHolez567 answered Friday May 19 2006, 1:30 am:
Hey! i totally know what you what your going through, i feel the same way you do (14/f too). if you want to talk to a counsoler without your parents knowing, you can always go tot he one at school and that is totally private(thats what i did)! If you want to involve you parents then thats awesome, if you dont right now then maybe go talk to the consouler first and then see what you want to do.
hope that helps
if you want to know more id love yo help
aim=pinkchica118 or leave me one in my inbox
<3 toryy

[ DonutHolez567's advice column | Ask DonutHolez567 A Question

roseox answered Thursday May 18 2006, 11:16 pm:
wow, i know how you feel. if you are close with your parents, you should probably just approach them and say the you have been feeling kinda low lately. then they will probly ask what they can do and jsut say, i need a counsler. dont be embarassed.
hope i helped!

[ roseox's advice column | Ask roseox A Question

CiNdYLoUwHoO answered Thursday May 18 2006, 9:55 pm:
If you think you are going to go into depression, you need to tell your parents regardless of how they might act. Depression is serious, and you should get help as soon as you can. Now, for telling your parents. First off, this is their job. They want what's best for you. They most likely won't get freaked out, and if they do, it won't drive them crazy. They'll find you a counselor, because your parents are there for you and always will be. Just go ahead and tell them and what happens, happens. Remember, your family is on your side. If you have any more questions, or need support, I'm here for you. You know where to find me. Hope this helps.
-cindy <3

[ CiNdYLoUwHoO's advice column | Ask CiNdYLoUwHoO A Question

sasi721 answered Thursday May 18 2006, 9:54 pm:
My advice is be honest with them (your parents.) Tell them how you are feeling and that you would like to talk to someone about it. Believe it or not many (and i mean many) people talk to counselors/thearpists (i do when im feeling down to!) Talk to your parents calmly and tell them your situation. They should understand. Good-Luck! Hope this helps a lil!

[ sasi721's advice column | Ask sasi721 A Question

karenR answered Thursday May 18 2006, 9:52 pm:
Don't ask to go to a counselor. Tell them you would like to see a doctor because you have been feeling down lately.

Your doctor can then refer you to a counselor if he/she thinks it would be beneficial to you. He will tell your parents and you won't have to.

Know that teens often go through periods of depression. Most of the time it goes away on its own, and its perfectly natural to feel that way. :)

[ karenR's advice column | Ask karenR A Question

Sherry answered Thursday May 18 2006, 9:51 pm:
If you dont want your parents finding out or freaking out, you can always go to your school counselor and talk to him/her. Everything you share with your school counselors is private, and they dont have to tell anyone if you dont want to. Just talk your school office and set up an appointment with one of the counselors. Then go and spill your guts out. Hopefully it will help with your depression.

If you need someone to talk to, I'm here too!


[ Sherry's advice column | Ask Sherry A Question

alana0001 answered Thursday May 18 2006, 9:51 pm:
Well first explain to you parents gently about your situation, )usually i find it easier to talk to my mom)hopefully your parents will understand and help you out. If your parents do get freaked out just calm them down and tell them that you are not depresed yet, you just are feeling the signs of feeling depressed also, usually there are counslers and/or social worker at alot of school, you might want to check into that. If your school doesnt offer that, ask arround there is probably a someone who can help you! Hope I helped

[ alana0001's advice column | Ask alana0001 A Question

More Questions:

<<< Previous Question: My dad
Next Question >>> Well, Im short...

Recent popular questions:
Want to give advice?

Click here to start your own advice column!

I don't have clothes or supplies for school!
Is it too forward?
I have a shaved side
love of the past
Where is the colonial oppression here?
I dont know how to get this friendship to "grow"
what ages are hot topic for
i want to dye my hair, but I'm not sure it would look nice
Change color of my advice column?
recent problems involving masturbation
Brushing my teeth makes me poop.
my mom is a control freak
Is This Considered Stalking?
Best friend issue
Why is it a bigger deal for Greece to default than certain African countries
How to ask my mom?
help need to know if im producing real cum
why the FUCK are people now accepting pedophilia?
food coming back up!
Do I call this rape

All content on this page posted by members of is the responsibility those individual members. Other content © 2003-2014 We do not promise accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any advice and are not responsible for content.

Attention: NOTHING on this site may be reproduced in any fashion whatsoever without explicit consent (in writing) of the owner of said material, unless otherwise stated on the page where the content originated. Search engines are free to index and cache our content.
Users who post their account names or personal information in their questions have no expectation of privacy beyond that point for anything they disclose. Questions are otherwise considered anonymous to the general public.

[Valid RSS] eXTReMe Tracker