Free AdviceGet Free Advice
Home | Get advice | Give advice | Topics | Columnists | - !START HERE! -
Make Suggestions | Sitemap

Get Advice

Search Questions

Ask A Question

Browse Advice Columnists

Search Advice Columnists

Chat Room

Give Advice

View Questions
Search Questions
Advice Topics


Remember me
Register for free!
Lost Password?

Want to give Advice?

Sign Up Now
(It's FREE!)


Shirts and Stuff
Page Backgrounds
Make Suggestions
Site News
Link To Us
About Us
Terms of Service
Contact Us

8th grade death...almost

Question Posted Friday September 17 2004, 1:38 am

well my friend Amanda finch cuts. she cant stop. plz help she wants to kill herslef and i hope she doesnt! help! how do i support her?! i need ideans and QUICK!

[ Answer this question ]
Want to answer more questions in the Health & Fitness category?
Maybe give some free advice about: Health?

<3kiLeE answered Friday October 8 2004, 9:15 pm:
tell sumone, like her parents or sum adult that can do somthing about it!


[ <3kiLeE's advice column | Ask <3kiLeE A Question

xo_dream answered Tuesday September 21 2004, 9:19 pm:
TELL SOMEONE. N0W. A school counselor, her parents, just any adult that you trust to do something to help out. She needs help, and she needs it soon.

[ xo_dream's advice column | Ask xo_dream A Question

sparklythingy answered Saturday September 18 2004, 3:00 pm:
Go tell a school administrator or guidance counselor IMMEDIATELY. I repeat, IMMEDIATELY. Stop reading this and go tell someone about this. She needs to get help, and SOON. There are psychologists and doctors that can help make her feel better so that she doesn't feel like she has to cut herself. In the meantime, just hang by her, and try and be comforting and friendly.

[ sparklythingy's advice column | Ask sparklythingy A Question

MissEmmyBoo answered Saturday September 18 2004, 12:15 pm:
you need to tell her how much you and others care and kindly ask her to stop!! if she should tell an adult that you trust!

[ MissEmmyBoo's advice column | Ask MissEmmyBoo A Question

maculator answered Friday September 17 2004, 11:55 pm:
Tell her parents or another trusted adult immediately. Even if she is looking for attention all suicide threats need to be taken seriously.

[ maculator's advice column | Ask maculator A Question

TwistedThoughts answered Friday September 17 2004, 6:48 pm:
Ok...well first off...its hard to stop! I should no! But its very possible she needs lots of support. First sit her down and talk about it with her. Start the convo off with something regular then bring it up. tell her that she needs help and that its very dangerous. Tell her she needs counciling and that she needs to get it fast. If she doesn't cooperate the only thing left to do is to tell your councilor at school. Im telling you that she might hate you for a while but she needs help! Its either her mad at you or her dead! Trust me...its good to have a freind supporting someone through counciling and such! If you do report her...when you go to the councilor you need to be like well i heard about cutting...and i heard cutters wont stop...why...and how can i help them stop! Then you could bring it up later if what the councilor suggested doesnt work. Most people that cut come from broken homes, violent homes, or they are very depressed! It helps to have a caring friend thats willing to tell just to help me

[ TwistedThoughts's advice column | Ask TwistedThoughts A Question

akerlicious answered Friday September 17 2004, 6:24 pm:
I encourage you to go to a counseler asap, I once cut and believe me, they need help. They may not realize how dangerous what they are doing really is. So don't even tell her about it and go visit your school counseler and tell the counseler that he/she needs to talk to your friend. Hope everything works out xoxo~ak

[ akerlicious's advice column | Ask akerlicious A Question

UnluckyWishes answered Friday September 17 2004, 4:32 pm:
Even if she gets mad at you you should tell an adult, like her parents.I mean you dont want her to do anything she'll regret.No matter what she'll thank you in the long run.Your a really good person for wanting to help your friend.hope i helped and your friend gets help.

[ UnluckyWishes's advice column | Ask UnluckyWishes A Question

MaxwellsSilverHammer answered Friday September 17 2004, 4:14 pm:
This is something that you definitely can't do by yourself. And you need to take action fast:

(From [Link](Mouse over link to see full location)):

Crisis Helpline (for any kind of crisis) (800) 233-4357
Youth Crisis Hotline (800) 448-4663
Sanctuary Crisis Line (800) 548-5222
Crisis Line for the Handicapped (800) 426-4263
American Suicide Foundation (800) 531-4477
National Child - At Risk Hotline (800) 792-5200
Don’t cut 1-800-DONT-CUT
crisis hotline 1-800-CONTACT

You may want to call them by yourselves, you may want to see if you can get her to call some.

If she says she'll call some, and you're not sure if you can trust her to do so, call some by yourself.

Tell an adult you trust, a doctor, a school counselor -- someone.

And you have to stick near her and support her the entire time. No matter how many people she talks to and calls up, you being there to help her is a necessity, she can't do it without you.

[ MaxwellsSilverHammer's advice column | Ask MaxwellsSilverHammer A Question

Karen answered Friday September 17 2004, 3:51 pm:
You have to tell your school's conselor or a responsible adult about this and they can handle it. Also, you shouldn't put people's names and any other information about them on the internet because it can lead to many problems. It isn't safe. Just letting you know hun. Hope I helped and good luck with everything :)

[ Karen's advice column | Ask Karen A Question

bucs10us answered Friday September 17 2004, 1:30 pm:
go tell a counselor and let her/him handle it..tell her parents, just tell a responsible adult.

[ bucs10us's advice column | Ask bucs10us A Question

MoonFisher answered Friday September 17 2004, 11:59 am:
First of all, sweety, don't put peoples' names on the internet. It is a VERY unsafe practice. Don't share ANY information that can help someone find you or a friend. I can't believe parents let their kids use the computer without beating this idea into their head first. BE SAFE.

Now, about your friend. You need to tell your parents. They will contact the proper people, I hope, to get her some help. If they do not, or you know they are unlikely to, you need to go see a teacher, school counselor, pricipal, nurse, WHOEVER you feel comfortable with and tell them immediately. Ask them to let you remain anonymous if you want, but a friend that's mad at you for telling on her is far better than a friend who's dead or hurt. Tell someone NOW!

[ MoonFisher's advice column | Ask MoonFisher A Question

Christine answered Friday September 17 2004, 11:51 am:
ok listen... i used to be the same as Amanda. I wanted to killmyself to. Find out whats wrong with her. If her mom knows.. have her take Amanda to a Phys. Doctor. she needs helpquick. What i did to stop myself, was to think everything through and tell other my problems and y i wanted to kill my self. I didnt cut but i tryed hanging myself. Just help her the best you can and get others to help her too.


[ Christine's advice column | Ask Christine A Question

xOmAnDaH answered Friday September 17 2004, 9:23 am:
I would tell the consler! Or maybe go tell her mom! Talking to her might help a little too..if shes haveing problems tell her she needs to get help..and try to force her to!i hope everything works out! and hope i helped! rate me =)


[ xOmAnDaH's advice column | Ask xOmAnDaH A Question

yumiko answered Friday September 17 2004, 6:52 am:
Get her talking to you.<p>
Ask her if she feels listened to, on a scale of 0-10. Find out why she gives the response she gives. Ask her when she feels listened to.
Once you've got that down, you'll know how to approach her to find out what she really needs.
More info at [Link](Mouse over link to see full location)

[ yumiko's advice column | Ask yumiko A Question

The_MoUsY_spell_checker answered Friday September 17 2004, 4:47 am:
Talk to an adult that you trust... This isn't something you can help her with on your own...

[ The_MoUsY_spell_checker's advice column | Ask The_MoUsY_spell_checker A Question

More Questions:

<<< Previous Question: cramps
Next Question >>> Bags under eyes

Recent popular questions:
Want to give advice?

Click here to start your own advice column!

Do I disclose my miscarriage?
if i should break it off
How do I commit sucide without pain?
what genre is good for me?
charlie charlie?
What are the hourly wages for...?
Goodbye lettter
Is veet bad for you? Does Veet cause cancer?
Why does my iPhone keep turning off?
Is the Charlie Charlie Challenge Real? Am I Cursed?
can't study
I'm losing myself to insanity
Can someone believe and fear witchcraft and be a true Catholic?
I do believe my insanity is rising due to meditation.
How to get someone to think you exciting and maybe like you
pain on right chest when coughing
my question is about a long distance relationship
ok i really need help?
No connection
I have not given my older

All content on this page posted by members of is the responsibility those individual members. Other content © 2003-2014 We do not promise accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any advice and are not responsible for content.

Attention: NOTHING on this site may be reproduced in any fashion whatsoever without explicit consent (in writing) of the owner of said material, unless otherwise stated on the page where the content originated. Search engines are free to index and cache our content.
Users who post their account names or personal information in their questions have no expectation of privacy beyond that point for anything they disclose. Questions are otherwise considered anonymous to the general public.

[Valid RSS] eXTReMe Tracker