Free AdviceGet Free Advice
Home | Get advice | Give advice | Topics | Columnists | - !START HERE! -
Make Suggestions | Sitemap

Get Advice

Search Questions

Ask A Question

Browse Advice Columnists

Search Advice Columnists

Chat Room

Give Advice

View Questions
Search Questions
Advice Topics


Remember me
Register for free!
Lost Password?

Want to give Advice?

Sign Up Now
(It's FREE!)


Shirts and Stuff
Page Backgrounds
Make Suggestions
Site News
Link To Us
About Us
Terms of Service
Contact Us


Question Posted Wednesday June 28 2006, 2:18 pm

My mom made me a doctors appotment in August with a regualar pediatricion. (i'm 13)

I'm gonna get a physical or a check-up, I can't remember which one. Thing is, I havn't been to the doctor since I was 7 or 8. So, of course, I've gotten my period since then.

Will my doctor want to take a look "down there"?

(Sorry my spellings kinda messed up, I'm in a hurry)

[ Answer this question ]
Want to answer more questions in the Health & Fitness category?
Maybe give some free advice about: Health?

ADDiCT3DTOHiMx answered Friday July 7 2006, 8:30 pm:
i dont think so. he shouldnt. my doctor just asked if i started and when i said yes he said oh my your growing up! lol so yeah dont worry about it.

[ ADDiCT3DTOHiMx's advice column | Ask ADDiCT3DTOHiMx A Question

AngelKMC65 answered Thursday June 29 2006, 9:40 pm:
I've gotten Physicals all the time for track and cross country. He never asked or looked down there. Only the first time but that was because I was having problems before that so he took a look. He probably won't though. No Worries. Beware of a shot. My doctor is always giving me shots.

[ AngelKMC65's advice column | Ask AngelKMC65 A Question

IAmShammay answered Wednesday June 28 2006, 7:46 pm:
when she says heg going to take a look down there, the doctor will only look for a few seconds. he wants to make sure everything is doing okay down there.

[ IAmShammay's advice column | Ask IAmShammay A Question

karenR answered Wednesday June 28 2006, 5:11 pm:
If you were going to get a pelvic exam I'm sure your mother would have mentioned it to you. Most
doctors don't give you a pelvic exam at your age unless it is asked for. They will probably ask if you've started your period but that is all.

I do want to clear up some misinformation you were given. Not that it is important to your question, but because others will read this too.

A general practitioner or family physician can do pelvic exams. You DO NOT have to go to an ob/gyn. ob/gyn doctors simply only treat women's problems or pregnancies. Family or general practitioners do it all.

[ karenR's advice column | Ask karenR A Question

girlygirl answered Wednesday June 28 2006, 4:53 pm:
No probably not! he may ask some questions about your periods etc., and only if you were having serious problems, he probably refer you to a gyn. but to 'look' down there it would be an ob/gyn doctor.

If you know "that's not always true" then why are you asking advice anyhow? And then giving a bad rating? Remember something when you are seeking advices - just because you don't like the answer, doesn't mean it's not correct or valuable information. everyone is entitled to their opinion.

[ girlygirl's advice column | Ask girlygirl A Question

JackiexMarie answered Wednesday June 28 2006, 4:11 pm:
Yes sorry but whenever I go to the doctor, he looks "down there". I really don't know what these people are talking about.

[ JackiexMarie's advice column | Ask JackiexMarie A Question

jellow98 answered Wednesday June 28 2006, 3:55 pm:
it depends if he thinks its neccessary, just make sure that your mom is present at the time.

I hope i was helpful!

[ jellow98's advice column | Ask jellow98 A Question

x_designerxdrug_x answered Wednesday June 28 2006, 3:03 pm:
Probably not. That's what gynecologists are for. Your doc might ask you when you got your period, and how many days you bleed and if it's regular, but other than that, it shouldn't be a problem. Your doc might check for hurnias, though. He/she might make you take your pants off and slide your panties down a bit...but he/she won't look "down there". No worries! (I HATE DOCTORS TOO. I GET SO NERVOUS. EXPECIALLY WHEN THE MAKE ME PEE IN A CUP.) GOOD LUCK! :)

[ x_designerxdrug_x's advice column | Ask x_designerxdrug_x A Question

clearlypink428 answered Wednesday June 28 2006, 2:58 pm:
no- not unless theres sumthn serious he should be concerned about- they have no business looking down there anyways-only a gynecologist. youve got nothing to worry about hon.

[ clearlypink428's advice column | Ask clearlypink428 A Question

JC answered Wednesday June 28 2006, 2:57 pm:
There is no reason for your doctor to give you an internal exam (ie. look "down there"). These types of exams are conducted on women once they start having sex to check for cervical cancer (PAP tests) or STD signs.

Once you do start receiving internal exams, it will not be with your pediatrician. At this time, if you it makes you more comfortable, you can find a female doctor to go to.

[ JC's advice column | Ask JC A Question

LoveNJstyle answered Wednesday June 28 2006, 2:53 pm:
my friend just got a physical the other day and they asked her about her period. the doctor did pull up her underwear to take a peak to see if everything was "developing ok". they wont look around and stuff, just kinda look down and be done with it. kinda uncomfortable, i know! <3

[ LoveNJstyle's advice column | Ask LoveNJstyle A Question

AskNicolethtsme answered Wednesday June 28 2006, 2:43 pm:
No, my mom said that doctors will just ask you have you started it yet. Nothing to worry about.

[ AskNicolethtsme's advice column | Ask AskNicolethtsme A Question

More Questions:

<<< Previous Question: My friend
Next Question >>> a Mistake a made

Recent popular questions:
Want to give advice?

Click here to start your own advice column!

I want to be a transcriptionist
nephew's behavior?
My mouth hurts!
I love basketball but I am too short!
I don't have clothes or supplies for school!
Is it too forward?
I have a shaved side
love of the past
Where is the colonial oppression here?
I dont know how to get this friendship to "grow"
what ages are hot topic for
i want to dye my hair, but I'm not sure it would look nice
Change color of my advice column?
recent problems involving masturbation
Brushing my teeth makes me poop.
my mom is a control freak
Is This Considered Stalking?
Best friend issue
Why is it a bigger deal for Greece to default than certain African countries
How to ask my mom?

All content on this page posted by members of is the responsibility those individual members. Other content © 2003-2014 We do not promise accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any advice and are not responsible for content.

Attention: NOTHING on this site may be reproduced in any fashion whatsoever without explicit consent (in writing) of the owner of said material, unless otherwise stated on the page where the content originated. Search engines are free to index and cache our content.
Users who post their account names or personal information in their questions have no expectation of privacy beyond that point for anything they disclose. Questions are otherwise considered anonymous to the general public.

[Valid RSS] eXTReMe Tracker