my boyfriend punches me alot and calls me a whore,slut,hoe etc. i usually am good about hiding the bruises his friends tell me he doesnt mean it and should take him serious. he always apoligizes and i have been with him for a year and hes always nice to me. so i forgive him but im afraid of him. im not oignt oo dump him. does anyone have any toher advice?
AB1022 answered Sunday May 6 2007, 8:08 pm: Whatever everyone else said, all of them are right! Get out of this relationship NOW! He's gonna hurt you even worse maybe even kill you if you don't leave. Please leave him and tell a conselor and the police for your saftey and someone else's. Leave HIM!!!!!!!! [ AB1022's advice column | Ask AB1022 A Question ]
leLovely answered Saturday May 5 2007, 11:49 am: That's abuse. Break up with him, NOW! If you stay with him, matters will get worse - because he knows that you won't leave him & that you won't tell anybody. Abusive relationships will scar you for the rest of your life, and you'll have trouble trusting people. Take it serious, and don't listen to his friends. His friends don't know anything.
Signs of an abusive relationship:
-harms you physically in any way, including slapping, pushing, grabbing, shaking, smacking, kicking, and punching
-tries to control different aspects of your life, such as how you dress, who you hang out with, and what you say
-frequently humiliates you or making you feel unworthy (for example, if a partner puts you down but tells you that he or she loves you)
-coerces or threatens to harm you if you leave the relationship
-twists the truth to make you feel you are to blame for your partner's actions
-demands to know where you are at all times
-constantly becomes jealous or angry when you want to spend time with your friends
If you can't love him without being afraid, that means that the relationship needs to be over. You shouldn't be afraid of somebody that you're with. Nobody can control you, and he's treating you like he can. Get out, fast. Try to look in your phonebook for crisis centers and teen hotlines.
sml111992 answered Saturday May 5 2007, 11:10 am: look your boyfriend is abusing you and if you dont break it off soon hes going to get worse his firends dont know if hes serious or not! and your boyfriend isnt supposed to call you those names its not rite treat someone like that and you wont like this but you need to break it off. if you reallly dont want 2 then tell him stop puching me and calling me names or im going to dump you! [ sml111992's advice column | Ask sml111992 A Question ]
karenR answered Saturday May 5 2007, 3:32 am: There really is no other advice to give. Abusers apologize so you will stay. They also want to keep you quiet. Here are the signs of an abusive relationship. Read them and if anything is familiar, Do as the adviser before me said and GET OUT NOW! This is taken from [Link](Mouse over link to see full location)
Warning Signs of Abuse
Does your partner...
* push, hit, choke or threaten to hurt you?
* put you down, call you names or stop you from going where you want?
* keep you from talking to your family or friends?
Are You With Someone Who.....
* is jealous and possessive toward you, won't let you have friends, checks up on you, or won't accept breaking up?
* tries to control you by being very bossy, giving orders, and making all the decisions?
* doesn't take your opinion seriously?
* frightens you? Do you find yourself worrying about how they will react to things you say or do?
* threatens you?
* uses or owns weapons?
* is violent, has a history of fighting, loses his temper quickly, or brags about mistreating others?
* pressures you for sex, is forceful or intimidating in sexual situations?
* thinks women or girls are sex objects?
* attempts to manipulate or guilt-trip you by saying "If you really loved me you would..."
* gets too serious about the relationship too fast?
* abuses drugs or alcohol and pressures you to take them?
* blames you when they mistreat you, and then says you provoked them, pressed their buttons, made them do it, or led them on?
* has a history of bad relationships and blames the other person for all the problems. "Women just don't understand me"?
* believes that men should be in control and powerful and that women should be passive and submissive?
hollister_bitch answered Saturday May 5 2007, 3:04 am: GET OUT NOW. You should be scared for your life. This is major abuse. You being a female can not just sit there and take it. There is no need to take anything from anyone, especially someone who claims they care and/or love you. If he cared he would hurt you. So what if he is nice to you "sometimes". That doesnt make any of it better. Fuck his friends! They think there is nothing wrong with it because they are his friends! You dont know what they really are thinking. Maybe they dont feel that its right either. Get out of this relationship before it really too late. Woman should not be afraid of anyone BUT God. Please, if you feel threatened to break up. YOU MUST TELL SOMEONE YOU TRUST. You can not do it alone, because he could flip on you. If he does it again. Call the cops. He doesnt deserve to do this to anyone. Just think, sweety. You will never be a victum AGAIN if you take this stand. You are no longer the victum that you are reaching out to "us" to help you. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...dont make it any worse on yuorself. Get out. I may never speak to you again and may never see you. But i do not want you to get hit so hard from him one day and never wake up. [ hollister_bitch's advice column | Ask hollister_bitch A Question ]
Attention: NOTHING on this site may be reproduced in any fashion whatsoever without explicit consent (in writing) of the owner of said material, unless otherwise stated on the page where the content originated. Search engines are free to index and cache our content. Users who post their account names or personal information in their questions have no expectation of privacy beyond that point for anything they disclose. Questions are otherwise considered anonymous to the general public.