Free AdviceGet Free Advice
Home | Get advice | Give advice | Topics | Columnists | - !START HERE! -
Make Suggestions | Sitemap

Get Advice

Search Questions

Ask A Question

Browse Advice Columnists

Search Advice Columnists

Chat Room

Give Advice

View Questions
Search Questions
Advice Topics


Remember me
Register for free!
Lost Password?

Want to give Advice?

Sign Up Now
(It's FREE!)


Shirts and Stuff
Page Backgrounds
Make Suggestions
Site News
Link To Us
About Us
Terms of Service
Contact Us

I wanna drink bleach and kill myself. I can't take it. Please help

Question Posted Friday December 30 2011, 7:23 pm

I'm a 14 yr old girl and the other day my dad found weed in my sisters jacket he went ballistic. He punched her several times and then choked her. All our mother did was say No, Stop,No. Like wtf is that going to do? My dad is a very big and strong man. When I do something wrong like forget to vacume my dad wraps his hands around my throat like he's about to choke me. It's been like this for me ever since I was About 5 or 6. I just can't continue to live in constant fear. The even that happened recently with my sister I just can't seem to get it out of my mind. I get drunk next day wake up have a hangover still remember. Get high still freaking remember! I just don't know what to do. Please help me

[ Answer this question ]
Want to answer more questions in the Relationships category?
Maybe give some free advice about: Families?

dance4life675 answered Thursday January 5 2012, 7:16 pm:
YOU NEED TO GO TO THE POLICE!!!! this is not right and because your mom is not doing anything that is considered abuse!! I recomend going to your guidance counselor at school or a teacher you trust. DONT KILL YOURSELF!! you are a valued human being that doesn't deserve what you are going through!!! things will get better if you go to the police and you can get your life back on track! <3

[ dance4life675's advice column | Ask dance4life675 A Question

SwimxRun answered Thursday January 5 2012, 5:29 pm:
This is bad. Im really sorry about your sister! She probably also doesnt know what to do! Your mom is wrong doing that. Your dad for choking and punching like that, he could end up in jail!!! Thats child abuse and not right. you need to tell someone at school or something. Even the police.that is not right! DO NOT KILL YOURSELF. get help, thats not a way to live!

[ SwimxRun's advice column | Ask SwimxRun A Question

jessie22 answered Monday January 2 2012, 1:41 am:
You definitalley don't need to kill yourself. When you're alone call Social Services or the police and they will get you out of that shithole and put your dad in jail and probally sue your mom... if you need any other help or someone to talk to email me at

[ jessie22's advice column | Ask jessie22 A Question

mizznette1 answered Saturday December 31 2011, 11:43 pm:
I think that you guys should be removed from this situation immediately. If not someone is going to be seriously hurt or maybe even die from his actions. You owe this to yourself to get the hell out of this .Go to the cops or talk to an adult at school this is not going to go away on its own. I will be praying for you.

[ mizznette1's advice column | Ask mizznette1 A Question

Denabella answered Saturday December 31 2011, 7:12 pm:
Get out of there now. You need to go to the police and tell them. This is abuse and this is serious. If you don't act now, it'll get worse. And please... don't kill yourself and give the "man" and I use the term loosely, any satisfaction. But you and your sister need to get out and now. Be safe, and I'll keep you in my prayers.

[ Denabella's advice column | Ask Denabella A Question

xChaos answered Saturday December 31 2011, 3:57 pm:
Just to add to what everyone else said, this is serious. Its not a joke. Its something that needs to be taken care of and stopped. Don't try to protect your dad or your family by just hoping it will go away, or by taking the easy way out. You really do need to make those calls and get that help, because this isn't going to go away unless you do.

If you haven't called already you need to do so now. I'm serious.

[ xChaos's advice column | Ask xChaos A Question

adviceman49 answered Saturday December 31 2011, 11:38 am:
Erinn_the_bamf advice to call the suicide hot line is good information. I will add an organization called RAINN. RAINN stands for Rape, Abuse, Incest, National Network. They also operate a 24/7 hotline that can help you and your sister, your mother too, get away from your father and his abuse. child abuse is illegal in all 50 states and most civilized countries of the world. RAINNS hotline number is: 1-800-656-HOPE.

There is also one other thing you can do. When you return to school on Tuesday seek out a trusted teacher or your school principal. Tell them what you have told us. By law they must take action to protect you and your sister.

If something happens before you can call one of the hot lines or before you go back to school call 911. Tell the call taker what is happening in as calm a voice as possible. The calmer you are the faster help will get to you.

Don't worry about whether you will be believed. From what you have written the marks on you and your sister will tell the police all they need to know.

As for your drinking. I know why you are drinking and it is not good for someone your age to be doing so. Once you get help for the abuse you will have no reason to drink and should stop doing so. If you need help in stopping contact Alcoholics Anonymous. They have programs for teenagers as well as adults.

There is help out there for you. Hurting yourself is not the answer. Call the hot lines we have supplied. Tell you teacher or principal or call the police. These are the ways you can get help for you, your sister and your mom without hurting yourself. By doing so you will also get help for your dad.

He may not have to go to jail but he will have to stay away from you and your mom and sister until he gets help with his anger issues.

[ adviceman49's advice column | Ask adviceman49 A Question

aturtle1 answered Saturday December 31 2011, 4:18 am:
your dads a bully next time call police make an anomoynous cal(if hes loud)as a "a neighbour" thats hard.ur mums probably scared to.can u talk to anyone u trust?

[ aturtle1's advice column | Ask aturtle1 A Question

Erinn_the_bamf answered Friday December 30 2011, 10:58 pm:
First, call 1-800-273-8255

This is the suicide hotline number. I urge you to call this number. Suicide is NEVER answer, and the people on the other end of the phone can help you with what you are feeling.

Next, call 1-800-4-A-CHILD

This is the child abuse hotline. Unfortunately, no one on this site can stop your dad from abusing you and your sister, but these people can. No matter what you and your sister may do against your parents wishes, it is 100% illegal for any parent to put their hands on their child. Your mother is probably terrified, which is why she isn't taking much action. The most important thing to remember is this is not your fault. Your father isn't acting like a decent parent, and right now you and your sister's safety is the priority. Please call this number for help as soon as possible.

[ Erinn_the_bamf's advice column | Ask Erinn_the_bamf A Question

More Questions:

<<< Previous Question
Next Question >>> i dont leave my room i stopped eating and my body is all tingley

Recent popular questions:
Want to give advice?

Click here to start your own advice column!

I do believe my insanity is rising due to meditation.
pain on right chest when coughing
ok i really need help?
No connection
I have not given my older
Scared to report CP
self -control. patient. Discipline
school's player
How long after a perm til
Dating and virginity
Ignoring me... should I ask why?
I hate humans
Acne... blackheads... large pimples cures
Would I be arrested if I tried to set up payment plan for traffic tickets?
school's player
Boyfriend can't get over my dating past and wants me to let him have sex
School's play
Ways to get over someone?
Teenage Attraction Issues????
Bump on my fingernail

All content on this page posted by members of is the responsibility those individual members. Other content © 2003-2014 We do not promise accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any advice and are not responsible for content.

Attention: NOTHING on this site may be reproduced in any fashion whatsoever without explicit consent (in writing) of the owner of said material, unless otherwise stated on the page where the content originated. Search engines are free to index and cache our content.
Users who post their account names or personal information in their questions have no expectation of privacy beyond that point for anything they disclose. Questions are otherwise considered anonymous to the general public.

[Valid RSS] eXTReMe Tracker