Free AdviceGet Free Advice
Home | Get advice | Give advice | Topics | Columnists | - !START HERE! -
Make Suggestions | Sitemap

Get Advice

Search Questions

Ask A Question

Browse Advice Columnists

Search Advice Columnists

Chat Room

Give Advice

View Questions
Search Questions
Advice Topics


Remember me
Register for free!
Lost Password?

Want to give Advice?

Sign Up Now
(It's FREE!)


Shirts and Stuff
Page Backgrounds
Make Suggestions
Site News
Link To Us
About Us
Terms of Service
Contact Us

Not a virgin, so why do I bleed during/after intercourse?

Question Posted Thursday November 11 2010, 3:24 am


I've had sex 3 times now and the first time, I bled, a lot. But I blew it off as me losing my virginity so it was "normal". The second time, I bled a little bit, but nothing too tragic, so I assumed that meant it was gonna get better as I had sex more often. Well, the third time was a re enactment of the first time. I bled. A lot. What's up with that? Why? Am I gonna have to worry everytime about "Omg, am I gonna bleed this time?" I'm convinced my vagina is defective. lol

[ Answer this question ]
Want to answer more questions in the Sexual Health and Reproduction category?
Maybe give some free advice about: Virginity?

Kendra_Berri answered Saturday November 13 2010, 12:07 am:
Have you been experiencing pain while having sex? If you're not feeling any sort of tearing or stretching pain in your vagina during sex, then it's possible that the blood is not your hymen. In fact, it would be odd if you were still experiencing tearing after two previous penetration.

I ask how long it's been between your sexual experiences because STDs like chlamydia (easily curable, but easily passed on) have a short incubation period, and one of the symptoms is bleeding after sex. After initial exposure, symptoms can surface within 1-3 weeks.

My recommendation is to get to a doctor and get an STD screening, something that you must start doing anyway now that you're sexually active. Chlamydia is not the most dangerous of STDs and it's super easy to treat and actually fairly common. It is, however, very serious if left untreated. Don't have any more sex until you've determined the cause of the bleeding with a doctor.

Hopefully it's nothing, but if it is something, you want to get that fixed so you can relax and stop worrying.

[ Kendra_Berri's advice column | Ask Kendra_Berri A Question

SeattleDaffodil answered Friday November 12 2010, 1:15 am:
lets assume your using contraceptives (PLEASE!)

if your on the pill, it does have some side affects one being a slight decrease in sex drives, for woman this is a biggy we are very tender beings and our bodies are very intricately built if we are not fully aroused not every one will come to the party ... if you catch my drift?

you dont give much more info but do you still experience a slight discomfort? im almost certain its an arousal problem.

Try lingering in the foreplay action a little bit longer trust me it makes it more worthwhile for BOTH partners.

try use some lube too but, remember if using a condom stick to water based ones as the oil based ones can break down the silicone bonds and cause it to possibly tare.

and now for the "motherly" disclaimer - if you feel you are responsible and grown up enough to have sex you must go see your gynaecologist and get those pap smears done annually and if your not on the pill get on it and remember - no glove no love! be smart about it!

Peace, <3 and Daffodils,

[ SeattleDaffodil's advice column | Ask SeattleDaffodil A Question

chevybab answered Thursday November 11 2010, 6:28 pm:
Also if you bf or they guy your with is big it happens.Like she said your still new to it.

[ chevybab's advice column | Ask chevybab A Question

Rii_Luv answered Thursday November 11 2010, 11:39 am:
You're still new at this girl, you need to be patient, your vagina is still a little tight and everytime you have sex you're stretching it out even more so it's going to bleed. This is completely normal. Now if this lasts for weeks ande weeks, that's when you should worry and call your doctor and get tested for STDs. I hope this helped :)

[ Rii_Luv's advice column | Ask Rii_Luv A Question

More Questions:

<<< Previous Question: Another Pizza Question
Next Question >>> awkard at parties

Recent popular questions:
Want to give advice?

Click here to start your own advice column!

When a guy says he doesn't want anything serious?
He won't talk to me now.
Is it weird he bought me something?
missing periods
Possible pregnancy..
Is it normal to be related to royalty?
Normal teenager or in need of treatment
Why does everyone hate me?
How to look pretty
Make a list of situations that put the various people at risk for STD's/HIV
My teacher knows i used a swear word
Spirit Guide?
Not tested on animals
How to Exercise My Muscles Without Making Them Any Bigger?
Last night I had a dream
I need advice about this guy
I feel insignificant
Is she interested or she's about to break up with the boyfriend
Tampons: do you pull the plastic out?
Alternative certification for teachers

All content on this page posted by members of is the responsibility those individual members. Other content © 2003-2014 We do not promise accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any advice and are not responsible for content.

Attention: NOTHING on this site may be reproduced in any fashion whatsoever without explicit consent (in writing) of the owner of said material, unless otherwise stated on the page where the content originated. Search engines are free to index and cache our content.
Users who post their account names or personal information in their questions have no expectation of privacy beyond that point for anything they disclose. Questions are otherwise considered anonymous to the general public.

[Valid RSS] eXTReMe Tracker