Free AdviceGet Free Advice
Home | Get advice | Give advice | Topics | Columnists | - !START HERE! -
Make Suggestions | Sitemap

Get Advice

Search Questions

Ask A Question

Browse Advice Columnists

Search Advice Columnists

Chat Room

Give Advice

View Questions
Search Questions
Advice Topics


Remember me
Register for free!
Lost Password?

Want to give Advice?

Sign Up Now
(It's FREE!)


Shirts and Stuff
Page Backgrounds
Make Suggestions
Site News
Link To Us
About Us
Terms of Service
Contact Us

I need yr advice ?? <<< Previous Question
Next Question >>> Awkard Question


Question Posted Wednesday December 27 2006, 12:54 am

long story short i use chewing tobacco and my gums are receeding and i need to find a product to help cure this. does anyone know of a product i could buy from likea cvs or walgreens or sumthing like that, also is there anything else i can to to help my gums grow back

[ Answer this question ]
Want to answer more questions in the Health & Fitness category?
Maybe give some free advice about: Health?

sandi74 answered Wednesday December 27 2006, 8:55 pm:
The crappy thing about using tobacco is that once yo ulose something to it, you never get it back. Your gums will not groe back, but if you stop now, you can prevent further damage from occuring. Also, take better care of your gums and teeth. See a dentist or peridontist regulary and be sure to brush and floss daily.

[ sandi74's advice column | Ask sandi74 A Question

KatieKinns702 answered Wednesday December 27 2006, 4:35 am:
Rinse your mouth vigorously with hot salt water (one teaspoon of salt to one cup of water) for two minutes, three-times-a-day.
Wel the best way I can think of is
Use dental floss twice a day. Move the floss in every direction ((front, back, etc.)) of every tooth until it's squeaky clean. ((Even if there's not a tooth next to it)) Brush with soft bristle toothbrushes ((hard bristles can encourage receding gums)). Brush your gums as well as your teeth.
Also it is best to use HOTT salt water and rnse your mouth as many as 3 times a day.
Also see a dentist and go back for check ups regularly ((around 6/12 months))

Hope I helped
Best of luck
P.s._ lso STOPP chewing its addicting but bad for you and it can desinigrate your gums, and give you various of cancers.

[ KatieKinns702's advice column | Ask KatieKinns702 A Question

sportychick13 answered Wednesday December 27 2006, 2:52 am:
well i am sorry but you should have never started in the first place! but since you have........STOP!!!! if you keep chewing then you will get worse and you could get gum cancer mouth cancer! everything! stop chewing and see a dentist or a doctor

[ sportychick13's advice column | Ask sportychick13 A Question

thelaura answered Wednesday December 27 2006, 1:11 am:
I know someone who's been in this situation before. There aren't any products which can magically make your gums grow back which work effectively. The only thing you can do it quit chewing tobacco, unless you want other serious problems.
I'd recommend you see a dentist. If it's not too far gone, they can probably help you.

"Options for managing your symptoms and preventing long-term disease are to:

Rinse your mouth vigorously with hot salt water (one teaspoon of salt to one cup of water) for two minutes, three-times-a-day.
Use dental floss twice a day — perhaps the best technique for preventing receding gums. Try various types of floss (plain or flavored, waxed or unwaxed, thinner or thicker, etc.) until you find your fave. Floss in front of a mirror so that you can see, to get the floss down the sides of each tooth. Glide the floss along the front, back, and sides of every tooth until it squeaks, even if there's not a tooth next to it, and even if the gums are tender and bleed. Within a few days of flossing daily, you will notice that your gums no longer bleed.
Brush with soft bristle toothbrushes — hard bristles can encourage receding gums. When you brush, brush your gums as well as your teeth.
Take aspirin, as necessary, for minor discomfort of your gums.
See your dentist every 6 - 12 months for check-ups."

[ thelaura's advice column | Ask thelaura A Question
Recent popular questions:
Want to give advice?

Click here to start your own advice column!

bf is bored
In a relationship but questioning sexuality
Does secretly getting marriage is a good idea for avoiing conflicts?
365 Reasons Why I Love You
Help With My Weight...
I can't make friends.
How to stop this habit?
How to convince parents about Inter-caste Marriage?
It's not herpes.. So what is it?
I do not like my step dad. What do I do?
I get really sad when a semester in college is over? Is this normal or weird?
How long I will be working with this company...
I want to commit suicide
I am so Depressed and i don't know what to do with my life!
i need a boyfriend
I dont want to end up poor
cheating on him
Do she want us to break up?
Twisted feelings
Addiction Recovery

All content on this page posted by members of is the responsibility those individual members. Other content © 2003-2014 We do not promise accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any advice and are not responsible for content.

Attention: NOTHING on this site may be reproduced in any fashion whatsoever without explicit consent (in writing) of the owner of said material, unless otherwise stated on the page where the content originated. Search engines are free to index and cache our content.
Users who post their account names or personal information in their questions have no expectation of privacy beyond that point for anything they disclose. Questions are otherwise considered anonymous to the general public.

[Valid RSS] eXTReMe Tracker