Free AdviceGet Free Advice
Home | Get advice | Give advice | Topics | Columnists | - !START HERE! -
Make Suggestions | Sitemap

Get Advice

Search Questions

Ask A Question

Browse Advice Columnists

Search Advice Columnists

Chat Room

Give Advice

View Questions
Search Questions
Advice Topics


Remember me
Register for free!
Lost Password?

Want to give Advice?

Sign Up Now
(It's FREE!)


Shirts and Stuff
Page Backgrounds
Make Suggestions
Site News
Link To Us
About Us
Terms of Service
Contact Us

burning 'down there'

Question Posted Tuesday April 25 2006, 6:10 am

well my vagina burns. i had a look (i know it sounds gross but its painful) and its red both sides just inside.
i have no idea why it is. Im not sexually active and havent had anyone do anything down there.

what could it be and what should i do? but please dont tell me to go to the doctors/gyn.

[ Answer this question ]
Want to answer more questions in the Health & Fitness category?
Maybe give some free advice about: Health?

LilTx3 answered Tuesday April 25 2006, 7:01 pm:
It could be a yeast infection .. depending on if you have discharge .. but you could also have a UTI .. Urinary Track Infection (if it hurts when you used the bathroom) you can go to the doctor for a yeast infection they can give you a pill for over night .. or a cream .. or you could go to the stor and buy the cream like at a drug store .. its called Monistat .. its nothing sexually trasmitted .. its just bacteria that grows is dark moist places..

[ LilTx3's advice column | Ask LilTx3 A Question

Advicelady6798 answered Tuesday April 25 2006, 2:49 pm:
I thnk you have a yeast infection. When you pee and have a reaction like a buring reaction then that means you have a yeast infection if you go to rite aid you can get things that will help get rid of it/

[ Advicelady6798's advice column | Ask Advicelady6798 A Question

NakedFaery answered Tuesday April 25 2006, 1:32 pm:
I'd personally recommend AGAINST any kind of vaginal douche or wash. They can be very damaging to the pH balance of your vagina.

Avoid any kind of harsh activity which will cause friction to your vulva or vagina. Make sure you don't use any perfumed soaps or gels when you wash your vulva. Never put any cleansing products inside your vagina, especially vaginal deodorants. Your vagina is not supposed to be dry! If you feel the need to wash, use only cool water, or if you really must use something that foams, use a soap free foaming cleanser. Avoid nylon underwear or tight fitting clothes for a while.

An odd, but normally effective home remedy, is to cover your vulva with natural yoghurt (the sort that has live bacteria in it). This will put the yeast balance in your vulva and vagina back to normal, and ease any itching or burning. You don't say how old you are, but if you are old enough, try buying a thrush cream or one dose pill over the counter. If you are too young, you will need a doctor to prescribe this.

I know you don't want to see a doctor, but if you get any vaginal bleeding, pain when you urinate or discharge, then you really should, as you could have a more serious infection.

If you take all the measures above, then the symptoms should clear up in a few days, if it last more than 5-7 days and you don't feel the problem is improving, you really must see a doctor. If you feel uncomfortable, for instance if you are too young, then try going to somewhere like a free GU clinic, where everything should be kept confidential.

[ NakedFaery's advice column | Ask NakedFaery A Question

Elcee answered Tuesday April 25 2006, 9:07 am:
It is possible that you have something called thrush. It is not an infectious disease. It is advisable to go and see your GP or talk to a pharmicist at your chemist. They can prescribe an anti-fungal cream or tablet that will help get rid of these painful symptoms. There is no need to be embarrassed as all doctors will have seen these symptoms many thousands of times. Every woman at one time or another will have suffered with this and it is easily got rid of. Please don't put up with this any longer. Good luck and best wishes.

[ Elcee's advice column | Ask Elcee A Question

scarletr0se answered Tuesday April 25 2006, 7:41 am:
i tell you what.. go get vaginal wash from a pharmacy first. it's gentle and it kills bacteria.

try doin that too.. and maybe get an anti-fungi cream or something. all of that can be purchased over the counter. i think you have yeast infection or something...

but goin to the doctor is still better. :) it's not embarrassing at all cos the doctor seen EVERYTHING.



[ scarletr0se's advice column | Ask scarletr0se A Question

More Questions:

<<< Previous Question: i need advice
Next Question >>> saving to floppy disk

Recent popular questions:
Want to give advice?

Click here to start your own advice column!

what ages are hot topic for
Brushing my teeth makes me poop.
my mom is a control freak
Is This Considered Stalking?
Best friend issue
Why is it a bigger deal for Greece to default than certain African countries
How to ask my mom?
why the FUCK are people now accepting pedophilia?
food coming back up!
Do I call this rape
so i was meditating...
Really important!!
genral life help
yes he like me or no!?
advice-mother and i, are not talking!
Why do people lie so much?
Hi there. I have a craz
How do I know of this married man wants to have an affair with me?
I'm not sure what's happening
Hey I'm still single so t

All content on this page posted by members of is the responsibility those individual members. Other content © 2003-2014 We do not promise accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any advice and are not responsible for content.

Attention: NOTHING on this site may be reproduced in any fashion whatsoever without explicit consent (in writing) of the owner of said material, unless otherwise stated on the page where the content originated. Search engines are free to index and cache our content.
Users who post their account names or personal information in their questions have no expectation of privacy beyond that point for anything they disclose. Questions are otherwise considered anonymous to the general public.

[Valid RSS] eXTReMe Tracker