Free AdviceGet Free Advice
Home | Get advice | Give advice | Topics | Columnists | - !START HERE! -
Make Suggestions | Sitemap

Get Advice

Search Questions

Ask A Question

Browse Advice Columnists

Search Advice Columnists

Chat Room

Give Advice

View Questions
Search Questions
Advice Topics


Remember me
Register for free!
Lost Password?

Want to give Advice?

Sign Up Now
(It's FREE!)


Shirts and Stuff
Page Backgrounds
Make Suggestions
Site News
Link To Us
About Us
Terms of Service
Contact Us

School Project on the Titanic <<< Previous Question
Next Question >>> we both want to go alltheway to the sexual level what should we do???

how can I stop being a hypochondriac?

Question Posted Thursday April 4 2013, 12:00 am

Hi I'm a a 13 year old girl and I am somewhat of a hypochondriac and I don't want to worry my life away, I want to live it! I have been worrying about a disorder lately and I am an idler. My family tells me don't have it and I know I don't have it but I just want to stop thinking about

[ Answer this question ]
Want to answer more questions in the Health & Fitness category?
Maybe give some free advice about: Mental health?

adviceman49 answered Thursday April 4 2013, 3:17 pm:
What is happening to you is quite common among young teenagers. While I am not a doctor I tend to believe it is something like a reaction to all the new hormones coursing through your body with the realization that we do not live forever.

Sometimes this will pass as you learn to deal with life and mature. Other times it grows into an anxiety disorder needing help from doctors. I cannot tell from what you have written where you are with this. My best advice would be to ask mom or dad to make a doctor’s appointment to discuss this with the family doctor or your pediatrician. (I say pediatrician as they see children up through age 16.)

If you are suffering from anxiety there are medications and therapy that will help you. Only a doctor can make the proper diagnoses so talk to mom or dad about taking you to yours.

[ adviceman49's advice column | Ask adviceman49 A Question

kittenlover2000 answered Thursday April 4 2013, 11:22 am:
When you want to stop thinking about something, the best thing you can do is to think about it. If you try to NOT think about it-it'll be the one thing on your mind!

You may have an anxiety disorder-though you are very young at 13 it's not un heard of. Speak to your doctor.

I used to worry a lot and then something terrible happened and I went through a month of severe anxiety, which I never thought I'd recover from.

Catch it early. Check out 'mindfulness' online. It's a buddist philosophy based around mediation. Ensure you desdicate 20 minutes minimum every day to medidating and performing relaxation exercises. This should take away the stress you feel when the going gets tough. If this doesn't work, speak to your doctor and they can refer you to a specialist before the anxiety manifests into something serious.

[ kittenlover2000's advice column | Ask kittenlover2000 A Question
Recent popular questions:
Want to give advice?

Click here to start your own advice column!

online dating
Big virgin tease ! (female)
What do you leave at the grave of a child when you visit?
22 year old need to grow up
Regarding a message between my boyfriend and one of his friends
Likes me or is he just using me
how much to feed a puppy
My father is cheating.. I am the only one who knows
Making crucial life choices. Need help.
What is going on?
Should I approach him, or wait for him?
i like him but it might not be right to like him
Do I have an eating disorder?
Anxiety and treatment for a teenager
For break I stayed at my
Long Distance
I badly need an advice.
Scared of Having Bed Bugs?
This is about me being confused

All content on this page posted by members of is the responsibility those individual members. Other content © 2003-2014 We do not promise accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any advice and are not responsible for content.

Attention: NOTHING on this site may be reproduced in any fashion whatsoever without explicit consent (in writing) of the owner of said material, unless otherwise stated on the page where the content originated. Search engines are free to index and cache our content.
Users who post their account names or personal information in their questions have no expectation of privacy beyond that point for anything they disclose. Questions are otherwise considered anonymous to the general public.

[Valid RSS] eXTReMe Tracker