Free AdviceGet Free Advice
Home | Get advice | Give advice | Topics | Columnists | - !START HERE! -
Make Suggestions | Sitemap

Get Advice

Search Questions

Ask A Question

Browse Advice Columnists

Search Advice Columnists

Chat Room

Give Advice

View Questions
Search Questions
Advice Topics


Remember me
Register for free!
Lost Password?

Want to give Advice?

Sign Up Now
(It's FREE!)


Shirts and Stuff
Page Backgrounds
Make Suggestions
Site News
Link To Us
About Us
Terms of Service
Contact Us

what do you do? <<< Previous Question
Next Question >>>

Question Posted Sunday August 29 2004, 1:07 am

last yr i was sort of going through depression, i was just sad and angry all the time, my mom never took me to the doctor because she doesn't believe in "pills", i overcame it, just by trying really hard by myself, and now im a really positive person and i love life, but i have anxiety problems and i stress a lot about the littlest things, i cant help it, i just get really anxious at every little thing, and when i think about it afterwards i know its stupid,should i go to the doctor..if i do i know hes gonna put me on i dont know if thats good or bad..

[ Answer this question ]
Want to answer more questions in the Relationships category?
Maybe give some free advice about: Work/School Relationships?

OneMan answered Sunday August 29 2004, 2:23 pm:
a good thing is your ability to see the situation for what it was afterwards. That shows you have insight, and thats all you need to get through this. I would suggest finding something that helps you calm yourself. Experiment with meditation, zen, yoga, anything. These teach you tools to help you ease your mind and bosy and when you feel yourself getting anxious, try one of these techniques and it should help. Until you become comfortable with it, try and ask yourself what is it thats making me anxious, and what do I think is going to happen. Try to solve the answers in your head and that should calm you enough to get you through it. If you have any further questions, feel free to write.

[ OneMan's advice column | Ask OneMan A Question

adviceforteens answered Sunday August 29 2004, 2:25 am:
well it is up to you. If you do go to a doctor then i would ask him maybe about a phsychologist. Then you could lead a normal life without pills. And pills arent a bad thing alot of times they are made from plants ground up and made into capsules to help relieve symptoms. It is totally up to you though. I wish you luck. Hope that i have helped.
Advice for teens

[ adviceforteens's advice column | Ask adviceforteens A Question
Recent popular questions:
Want to give advice?

Click here to start your own advice column!

why do people cover mirrors at a wake
It's hard for me to eat lately
In love with my best guy friend?
my kid lies
How to get him to kiss me?
Help me plz
Fancy other guys apart from my boyfriend
Clean up my credit report
Tap hot water cooking
pregnant? or is it normal that my periods are late
Just Need to Talk to Someone
Hi i am a girl # 14 i ge
Could I Be Pregnant?
birth control issue's
Afraid to shop at Menard's
Narcissistic Boyfriend
Dealing with Depression
I'm ngaged to a man but I think I might be lesbian, how do I find out?
she don't want me 2 visit him
WiFi Router set up

All content on this page posted by members of is the responsibility those individual members. Other content © 2003-2014 We do not promise accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any advice and are not responsible for content.

Attention: NOTHING on this site may be reproduced in any fashion whatsoever without explicit consent (in writing) of the owner of said material, unless otherwise stated on the page where the content originated. Search engines are free to index and cache our content.
Users who post their account names or personal information in their questions have no expectation of privacy beyond that point for anything they disclose. Questions are otherwise considered anonymous to the general public.

[Valid RSS] eXTReMe Tracker