Free AdviceGet Free Advice
Home | Get advice | Give advice | Topics | Columnists | - !START HERE! -
Make Suggestions | Sitemap

Get Advice

Search Questions

Ask A Question

Browse Advice Columnists

Search Advice Columnists

Chat Room

Give Advice

View Questions
Search Questions
Advice Topics


Remember me
Register for free!
Lost Password?

Want to give Advice?

Sign Up Now
(It's FREE!)


Shirts and Stuff
Page Backgrounds
Make Suggestions
Site News
Link To Us
About Us
Terms of Service
Contact Us

Parents Forcing Me To Do Something (a medical procedure) I Don't Want To Do!

Question Posted Wednesday April 25 2012, 1:06 am

Please help me! Nobody will!:(

Ok, so I have a problem with my vagina. It's not sexuallity or puberty, it's just something wrong with it.
Anyways, i've done a treatment twice:
1st time: Didn't really hurt
2nd time: hurt bad!!
Ok so then I had a worse treatment. Ok anyways, i'm doing the same treatment for the third time, and I don't want to. I'm scared that it'll hurt worse because that worse treatment I had(Lets call it TREATMENT #2) might make it feel more painful.

So what do I do? Go suicidal? Run away? What do I do? My parents won't let me not go. Please help. No one will help me ;(

[ Answer this question ]
Want to answer more questions in the Health & Fitness category?
Maybe give some free advice about: Mental health?

adviceman49 answered Wednesday April 25 2012, 11:35 am:
In my private response to you it would have helped to have even this little bit of information.

Dangernerd is correct in everything he has said to you. If your problem is as he has described then please inbox him as you did me and let him help you.

I'm sure that your parents are doing what they think is best for you. This may not be totally true. Being fully informed is what is best and it sounds to me as if Dangernerd can help you with getting the information needed to make a fully informed decision. If this the problem you are having; inbox him please.

[ adviceman49's advice column | Ask adviceman49 A Question

DangerNerd answered Wednesday April 25 2012, 2:22 am:
Hi there,

Your questions are anonymous. None of the users here can see who posted your questions, only the moderators who run the site... and they won't even look unless you use your account to do something bad on the site.

The reason I explained that, is that it is OK to ask a question and just tell what the name of the procedure is, and what exactly they are doing to try and fix whatever the issue is.

Whatever it is, you aren't the first one it happened to, and while it may be embarrassing, nobody will know it is you, so you can speak freely.

I don't normally answer questions like this, but it sounded like something a friend of mine once tried to explain without saying the truth of the matter. I am not suggesting that it is the same, but I will tell you that story and you can see if it fits, or helps you.

My friend was born intersex. Ambiguous genitalia they called it at the time. The short version is that she had some female parts and some male parts.

The doctors, in their infinite need to "fix" this, removed the parts that were more male than female. Her body didn't develop like they thought it would, and it would have been better if they left her completely alone down there.

Nothing was broken... just different.

Years later, there is a huge community of intersex individuals on the net... and if I knew then, what I know now... I would have done everything in my power to keep the doctors away from my perfectly healthy, but very different friend.

So, on the off chance that that is what is happening with you... Inbox me, and I will send you a list of resources and people you can contact to help you and your parents make the right decisions.

If it is something else, please just say what it is. There is no need to be shy.

If this is a matter of you being victimized, then whoever tries to help you in a legal manner (lawyer, different doctor, children's rights advocate, etc) is going to need to know what it is you would rather die than go through. :-(

Also, if there is anyone here who has gone through it, then they will be able to tell you if procedure #3 is worse than #2, or if it is less hurtful.

No matter what you choose to do, I wish you only the best outcome.

[ DangerNerd's advice column | Ask DangerNerd A Question

More Questions:

<<< Previous Question: Sore boobs
Next Question >>> Family tree maker

Recent popular questions:
Want to give advice?

Click here to start your own advice column!

When a guy says he doesn't want anything serious?
He won't talk to me now.
Is it weird he bought me something?
missing periods
Possible pregnancy..
Is it normal to be related to royalty?
Normal teenager or in need of treatment
Why does everyone hate me?
How to look pretty
Make a list of situations that put the various people at risk for STD's/HIV
My teacher knows i used a swear word
Spirit Guide?
Not tested on animals
How to Exercise My Muscles Without Making Them Any Bigger?
Last night I had a dream
I need advice about this guy
I feel insignificant
Is she interested or she's about to break up with the boyfriend
Tampons: do you pull the plastic out?
Alternative certification for teachers

All content on this page posted by members of is the responsibility those individual members. Other content © 2003-2014 We do not promise accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any advice and are not responsible for content.

Attention: NOTHING on this site may be reproduced in any fashion whatsoever without explicit consent (in writing) of the owner of said material, unless otherwise stated on the page where the content originated. Search engines are free to index and cache our content.
Users who post their account names or personal information in their questions have no expectation of privacy beyond that point for anything they disclose. Questions are otherwise considered anonymous to the general public.

[Valid RSS] eXTReMe Tracker