Free AdviceGet Free Advice
Home | Get advice | Give advice | Topics | Columnists | - !START HERE! -
Make Suggestions | Sitemap

Get Advice

Search Questions

Ask A Question

Browse Advice Columnists

Search Advice Columnists

Chat Room

Give Advice

View Questions
Search Questions
Advice Topics


Remember me
Register for free!
Lost Password?

Want to give Advice?

Sign Up Now
(It's FREE!)


Shirts and Stuff
Page Backgrounds
Make Suggestions
Site News
Link To Us
About Us
Terms of Service
Contact Us

im sick and i think i could be a petafile

Question Posted Wednesday October 5 2011, 10:32 pm

im messed im 26 female in aa australia been soba 3 yrs i cld be a petifile i have had those bad thoughts and i have a character like one(indulgent)neva done anythng neva wil i fuck with my own hed i mess with my thts im past wanting to die i runing outa options.any ideas?

[ Answer this question ]

Additional info, added Thursday October 6 2011, 8:53 pm:
i also have social anxiety and strugling with aa plzany one i appreciate thts.

Want to answer more questions in the Health & Fitness category?
Maybe give some free advice about: Mental health?

mozartbach7 answered Saturday October 22 2011, 12:36 am:
you need to slow down with your thinking. I don't know exactly what thoughts you have, but I can see from your writing that you make giant leaps in your thinking and feeling. You say you could be a pedophile. You say you have had bad thoughts. You say you have a character like one (a pedophile). You say you never did anything.

... it sounds like your thoughts are speeding fast! Maybe its not as bad as it feels. Maybe you had a weird thought about someone. It may not be that you actually want to do something sexually with someone who is super young. I know that most men (as I am one, and know many!) have had thoughts about women (or men) much younger than them. Hopefully of at least a legally adult age though.

Worst case, if you have had thoughts about children (I think thats the official definition) and they keep happening, you may have a problem. Maybe it's not as bad as you think. You say you never acted on the thoughts, and you probably don't want to do it. So if that is the case, at least you are not harming anyone, just suffering yourself.

If you have ideas of acting on those thoughts, if they are about kids, you definitely have to seek help, cause you could really hurt someone else's life (as well as your own). And you don't want to do that, right?

So the actual advice is:
Slow down, talk to someone like a psychotherapist, who knows the mind and thinking and people. Or start a journal, write down the thoughts that come to you, break them down and take a look at them. Write down how you feel, what you think. And you will start to know more about yourself. And you can see yourself more clearly.
You may have a biochemical difficulty in your brain, a problem, or a mental illness. You can get help for all these things.

Congrats on being sober. Stay sober, so you can choose your life. I believe that you can be in charge of yourself and not only NOT HURT people, but actually contribute to the world.

REMEMBER, even the best people have had terrible, mean, evil, ugly, prejudiced, unacceptable thoughts. But they as well as the rest of us, including me, try to focus on constructive, good, beautiful, helpful, giving thoughts in order to act on those most of the time.


[ mozartbach7's advice column | Ask mozartbach7 A Question

adviceman49 answered Thursday October 6 2011, 10:21 am:
From what I know of the psychology of pedophilia is that it is a character flaw and not a mental illness. This means that While you can be helped to repress those feeling there is no magic pill to make the feelings go away.

Since treatment for pedophilia exists I will refer to it as an illness as well. As in any illness or disease acknowledging you have a problem is half the battle. I believe Australia like Great Britain has Nation Health Insurance. What you need to do is follow the rules of that plan or your private plan if you have that type and find a psychologist who specialises in treating pedophilia and start treatment. As I said there is no cure but they can help you repress the urges.

[ adviceman49's advice column | Ask adviceman49 A Question

aturtle1 answered Thursday October 6 2011, 1:51 am:
thnk u need to breath.and see a professional

[ aturtle1's advice column | Ask aturtle1 A Question

More Questions:

<<< Previous Question: My boyfriend is too into video games!
Next Question >>> What does it mean to be emotionally retarded?

Recent popular questions:
Want to give advice?

Click here to start your own advice column!

ok i really need help?
No connection
I have not given my older
Scared to report CP
self -control. patient. Discipline
school's player
How long after a perm til
Dating and virginity
Ignoring me... should I ask why?
I hate humans
Acne... blackheads... large pimples cures
Would I be arrested if I tried to set up payment plan for traffic tickets?
school's player
Boyfriend can't get over my dating past and wants me to let him have sex
School's play
Ways to get over someone?
Teenage Attraction Issues????
Bump on my fingernail
Poppying Cherry.
Question in my inbox disappeared

All content on this page posted by members of is the responsibility those individual members. Other content © 2003-2014 We do not promise accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any advice and are not responsible for content.

Attention: NOTHING on this site may be reproduced in any fashion whatsoever without explicit consent (in writing) of the owner of said material, unless otherwise stated on the page where the content originated. Search engines are free to index and cache our content.
Users who post their account names or personal information in their questions have no expectation of privacy beyond that point for anything they disclose. Questions are otherwise considered anonymous to the general public.

[Valid RSS] eXTReMe Tracker