Probably the best way to know if a guy likes you is to simply ask him, but we all know that can be a challenge. So, here are a few clues to working out if he likes you as much as you like him.
- Examine his body language. If he likes you, you will see that his body position will lean forward toward you.
- Keep close. Ever get the feeling that somebody is "in" your personal space - so much so that you want to step back? If he likes you, and you like him, neither of you will step back.
- Notice his eye contact. If he likes you, he'll get it and hold it. Again, this can be uncomfortable if you don't like him or vice versa. You'll know if you feel like you have held eye contact just a fraction of a second longer than you would with anyone else, or if he looks away quickly, he may be shy.
- Be aware of touching. He might put his hand on your arm when he laughs, or not move his leg if it happens to touch yours. This is a very good sign that he likes you.
- Keep an eye out. His pupils will dilate (get bigger) if he likes you, but this is quite hard to pick up on, and you might look a bit weird looking that closely into his eyes.
- Watch for him showing interest in things you like and do.
- Joke freely. Does he laugh, even if you aren't funny?
- Check for signs of nervousness: nervous laughter, sweaty palms, fidgeting, etc. Unless he's scared of public speaking and is about to make a presentation, it just might be that he's nervous about making an impression on someone he fancies (hopefully you).
- Smile. A big smile in return probably means the feeling is mutual.
- See if he always ends up in the same part of the room as you. Perhaps he keeps going out of his way to bump into you.
- Notice the way he treats you, does he playfully tease you, or call you names, just to try and get your attention? It's natural for a guy to tease when he likes a girl, but remember, someone can still tease someone, even if they aren't attracted to them.
- Pay attention to his friends. If they know he's interested in you, they might tease him subtly when you're around, hint to you that he likes you, or even try to find out if you like him. Also study their reactions to your presence. Do they smile? Do they turn to him? If so, then there's a good chance he really does like you. Also if you call his name... note if his head snaps around right away or does it turn gradually?
- If the guy wants to talk to you all the time there is a good chance that he will like you!!!!
- If he starts acting nicer when you're around him then he probably has a thing for you.
- Beware of friendly, outgoing guys. You might think he likes you but he might be like that with everyone and not realize how it is making you feel about him and his intentions.
- If he seems comfortable talking to you about other girls, he probably does not like you in "that way." Either that, or he is trying to make you jealous, which might mean that he likes you but doesn't reflect too well on his character.
iluvjohnnydepp answered Monday July 16 2007, 10:47 pm: Hey!
Well some signs are that the guy will start flirting with you, before i get into the whole flirting deal some other things are that he might start talking to you more and hanging around you more. Some ways a guy flirts with a girl is that he starts to hangout around her no matter who she is with. The guy might say somethings that make a girl feel good about herself [this is when you might be talking to a guy and he gives you the feeling of butterflies when you talk.]. Another way of flirting can be if he hugs you, tickles you or touches you in a friendly way [not sexually though.]. I hope i helped you, i don't know how good i am at this, but if i didn't best of luck! [ iluvjohnnydepp's advice column | Ask iluvjohnnydepp A Question ]
Attention: NOTHING on this site may be reproduced in any fashion whatsoever without explicit consent (in writing) of the owner of said material, unless otherwise stated on the page where the content originated. Search engines are free to index and cache our content. Users who post their account names or personal information in their questions have no expectation of privacy beyond that point for anything they disclose. Questions are otherwise considered anonymous to the general public.