Free AdviceGet Free Advice
Home | Get advice | Give advice | Topics | Columnists | - !START HERE! -
Make Suggestions | Sitemap

Get Advice

Search Questions

Ask A Question

Browse Advice Columnists

Search Advice Columnists

Chat Room

Give Advice

View Questions
Search Questions
Advice Topics


Remember me
Register for free!
Lost Password?

Want to give Advice?

Sign Up Now
(It's FREE!)


Shirts and Stuff
Page Backgrounds
Make Suggestions
Site News
Link To Us
About Us
Terms of Service
Contact Us


Question Posted Thursday August 10 2006, 12:45 pm

Alrite i have a hole in my molar and its pretty big. I know i need to go to a dentist. But i havent been in a year because its diffucult to get my parents to make an appointment and Keep to it.

I really need a filling in this tooth but i can't bring my self to the dentist. Is there anything i can buy from walmart or Cvs that will work for the mean time till i can fight my parents to bring me to one?

Thank you :)

[ Answer this question ]
Want to answer more questions in the Health & Fitness category?
Maybe give some free advice about: Health?

courtxrawr answered Friday August 11 2006, 11:14 am:
You need to FORCE your parents to take you to the dentist. Why?
Listen to this personal experience.
July 11th, 2006 I went to the dentist for a 'check-up'. They told me I had 6 cavities. So every Tuesday [from then on for 2 weeks] I went to the Dentist and they said 3 of the cavities were really major and 1 out of those 3 cavities could of been another root canal. Now when I was in 7th grade, in January, I had a root canal. ALL OF MY MOLARS ARE FAKE NOW. [3 on each side].

Now, if you want to have a root canal - which is so painful, be my guest. Cause soon, when you start chewing and if it hurts, you have a root canal. Its a painful experience, I never want to go threw again. You decide.

Also, my 6 cavities weren't cheap at all and neither was my root canal.

So, Please force your parents to make you an appt. You don't wanna go threw what I had to go threw!

Hope I helped!

[ courtxrawr's advice column | Ask courtxrawr A Question

kristen22 answered Thursday August 10 2006, 4:07 pm:
The same thing I'm using right now.. Dentemp. You can get it at Wal-Mart for $2.34. Don't put it on till your fixing to go to bed, that way you want be inclined to eat, drink or smoke, to give it time to harden. Once it's on the tooth, I dont think it will just come off, I've had mine on for 2 weeks now and it hasn't budged. You can take it out anytime you want too so don't worry about the dentist not being able to remove this stuff when the time comes for you to really get it filled.

[ kristen22's advice column | Ask kristen22 A Question

xojessii answered Thursday August 10 2006, 2:52 pm:
Dentemp filling material sounds like what you need, you could get it at walgreens and CVS. And its only about $5

[Link](Mouse over link to see full location)

hope i helped =]

[ xojessii's advice column | Ask xojessii A Question

orphans answered Thursday August 10 2006, 2:48 pm:
There really isn'ta substitute for doing to the dentist to get tooth decay taken care of. There is stuff to use that will repare a current filling but you can't use it since you need a filling to fix in the first place. And if it's enough to where you actually have a hole in your tooth then it's serious and you need to get to a dentist ASAP.

But obviously, you know that but your parents won't take you. Try showing them your tooth and see what they say about it. If you leave it the way it is for too long, you'll up having to get a tooth canal with can be very pricey. Maybe even loose the tooth.

Tell them the longer they wait to get it fixed, the more it's going to cost them and the more pain it will cause you.

If they are too busy to go to the appointment and stay with you, they can drop you off, sign you in with whoever is at the front desk and they don't have to stay for when you actually see the doctor. But, two appointments during the year to keep you teeth healthy isn't that much time so why is it that they can't take you?

Well anyway, get that tooth fixed ASAP and good luck with your parents.

[ orphans's advice column | Ask orphans A Question

More Questions:

<<< Previous Question: what is emo?
Next Question >>> What to do with a perm i hate

Recent popular questions:
Want to give advice?

Click here to start your own advice column!

i really fucking hate myself
Why do people lie so much?
Hi there. I have a craz
How do I know of this married man wants to have an affair with me?
I'm not sure what's happening
Hey I'm still single so t
I want to have a baby. My boyfriend says he plans to never have kids.
Watch or Skateboard
craving blood?
advice! no connection or sexual attraction to men!
My best friend is in an abusive relationship
Help! No business for my business!
i have to pick either a turtle or a guinea pig?
how to be immortal?
There s no serious thing for him
Stop copying me!!
Entering Middle School
Help! My mom won't let me do anything!
Want badly to go to summer camp!
Antidepressant and emotional numbness

All content on this page posted by members of is the responsibility those individual members. Other content © 2003-2014 We do not promise accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any advice and are not responsible for content.

Attention: NOTHING on this site may be reproduced in any fashion whatsoever without explicit consent (in writing) of the owner of said material, unless otherwise stated on the page where the content originated. Search engines are free to index and cache our content.
Users who post their account names or personal information in their questions have no expectation of privacy beyond that point for anything they disclose. Questions are otherwise considered anonymous to the general public.

[Valid RSS] eXTReMe Tracker