Free AdviceGet Free Advice
Home | Get advice | Give advice | Topics | Columnists | - !START HERE! -
Make Suggestions | Sitemap

Get Advice

Search Questions

Ask A Question

Browse Advice Columnists

Search Advice Columnists

Chat Room

Give Advice

View Questions
Search Questions
Advice Topics

Login

Username:
Password:
Remember me
Register for free!
Lost Password?

Want to give Advice?

Sign Up Now
(It's FREE!)

Miscellaneous

Shirts and Stuff
Page Backgrounds
Make Suggestions
Site News
Link To Us
About Us
Terms of Service
Help/FAQ
Sitemap
Contact Us

humorist-workshop

Viewing Questions

Parenting
Get tips on raising the little ones. Ask your question here.

View: Search Options...

child support and custody

Posted Monday July 14 2014, 5:37 pm

My husband and i have been married 2 1/2 years now and he has a daughter from a previous relationship. Love her to death. Her mother has never been reasonable and lately has made things difficult. Well, firstly she decided to quit her job and live off just her child support and wants to get it increased. Can she legally do this since she willingly quit her job? My husband just got promoted to a manager and got a 10,000$ pay increase I am worried she will try and take all she can so she can remain unemployed. We only have his daughter 8 days a month. It is hard to keep her more since we both work 2-11 jobs. I did work a job that allowed me to have 3 days off and watch her for part of the day by myself while my husband worked and her mother s...

[ Answer Question | View Answers (2) ]

Co sleeping

Posted Friday June 20 2014, 8:10 pm

I am going threw a divorce my husband took everything. Vehicle everything that goes in a home. I got my two amazing children. I had to move closer to family and start over. It will be one year in the middle of July. I am finally able to move out on my own with my children. I have enough stuff for a home a good full time job. Due to our living situation. My children and I have had to share a room. My son on a mattress my daughter and I shared the bed. They will have their own rooms in 2 weeks ! What's a good way to help the cope with going into their own rooms their own beds they are older 4 and 7 but it's going to be hard on them. We've all been threw a lot this year

[ Answer Question | View Answers (1) ]

Intervening in childs relationships

Posted Tuesday May 20 2014, 5:30 pm

Hello, I'm hoping you can give me some advice in regard to my almost 9 year old daughter and her "best friends" tumultuous relationship that has me concerned. . Just recently my daughter came to me crying and very upset because her best friend was mean to her via instant messaging (I went and read the messages to make sure my daughter wasn't lying about what happened and verified that what she said was the truth). The best friend was absent from school so my daughter messaged and her said "Hi, why weren't you in school today" and her best friend replied with "none of your business". My daughter quickly left a reply saying "I hope you aren't mad at me. I'm sorry and please don't be mad at me". I asked ...

[ Answer Question | View Answers (4) ]

What Age Should I Be Allowed To Do These Things?

Posted Sunday May 11 2014, 8:31 pm

I am 12 yr old girl and want to no wen I should be allowed to do things. First I'm responsible , get good grades, and reasonable. I
Makeup: I have acne so I want to conceal and start putting some on in a yr or two. My mom thinks 15/16
Babysitting / tutu ring: I wanna do it now to prove I'm responsible but my mom thinks 13
Dating: I think dances should be ok in high school and to start real dates jr yr with approval of the boy . Mom thinks 17.
Alone: I want to go shopping and movies with a friend or by myself. With friends I think now and I'll call my mom every hour. Alone I think high school. Mom thinks 15
Shaving legs : I think now . Don't wanna ask mim.
Am I being unreasonable? Is she? What is a...

[ Answer Question | View Answers (9) ]

Monster Truck Birthday Party

Posted Monday May 5 2014, 11:28 am

Hi there!

I need some monster truck themed ideas for my child's birthday party. This kinda got sprung on me at the last minute and I am in a tizzy trying to think of things to go with the theme! Can you help me? Please?

[ Answer Question | View Answers (4) ]

Affordable Maternity Dresses

Posted Tuesday April 22 2014, 8:50 pm

Where can I find maternity clothing that doesn't cost a fortune? Has anyone else noticed that the same shirt plus just a touch of extra fabric is about double the price when you are pregnant?

My husband says we should just body paint my pregnant belly when I get big enough. ;)

[ Answer Question | View Answers (2) ]

ivf process

Posted Tuesday April 8 2014, 10:35 am

i have been told that i won't be able to get pregnant by the usual way because of PCOS and that i would have to do ivf if i wanted a child. i guess i reacted badly and stormed out of the doctor's office. :( since i am too embarrassed to go back to the doctor could you please help me understand the way ivf works and the whole process of getting pregnant that way? thank you!

[ Answer Question | View Answers (5) ]

Toddler growth chart

Posted Saturday March 15 2014, 4:54 pm

Hi! I am worried about my toddler seeming to be small for her age. Is there like, an average or something? Any way to compare my baby to other childrens growth? You know, like they have BMI for grownups is there something like that for little ones?

[ Answer Question | View Answers (2) ]

Advantages & disadvantages of taking trigestrel

Posted Thursday March 13 2014, 7:02 am

I have been using the trigestrel for two months but when im using the red 1s im not mensturating is that possible?

[ Answer Question | View Answers (1) ]

Free baby samples by mail?

Posted Monday March 3 2014, 2:47 pm

So, I am about to have a baby and someone mentioned that there are a bunch of places that will send you baby stuff in your mailbox if you just ask for it? How do you do this? Is there a list of companies that do this, or do you just have to write everyone and hope they send you something? LOL!

[ Answer Question | View Answers (31) ]

Gender reveal invitations

Posted Tuesday February 25 2014, 7:59 am

Should we send out special invitations and have a gender reveal party, or just tell people that we now know our baby's gender? This is our first child and for us this is all so exciting, but we don't want to overstep if you think this is too much?

[ Answer Question | View Answers (2) ]

Positive Parenting

Posted Monday February 24 2014, 10:22 am

Hello there!

How can I learn more about the positive parenting movement? Are there classes we can take? Our baby is due in a couple months and I want to start out right. :)

[ Answer Question | View Answers (1) ]

Mother to be trying to decide if I should breastfeed...

Posted Tuesday February 18 2014, 10:22 pm

I am a mother to be and I am still trying to dicide if I will bottle or breast feed. Is there any way to simulate someone sucking on my breast. I have tried suction cups. I really don't want answers about how you don't need a feel for it
Thank you (18 btw)

[ Answer Question | View Answers (1) ]

Names for twin girls

Posted Sunday February 16 2014, 1:03 pm

My sister is having twin girls next month, but she can't decide what to name them. She asked me for suggestions, but I couldn't think of anything either... Anyway, we need name suggestions. Both of them should start with the same letter and/or sound good together. Thanks!

[ Answer Question | View Answers (6) ]

Cut in the tongue

Posted Thursday February 13 2014, 6:16 pm

Hi my son 2 years old cut his tongue when he was trying to go down on our bed it was accidentally bang his head in our bed frame I thought it was his head soar but when he start crying his mouth is bleeding then I found out that he got cut on his tongue, is there any thing that I need to give him to at least lessen the pain because he can't it anything now coz of the cut in his tongue?

[ Answer Question | View Answers (1) ]

Cheap lunches for my daughter for school

Posted Wednesday January 8 2014, 11:32 pm

My daughter gets lunch from the school and she always complains about how disgusting the food is. She asked me to pack but I just dont have the money to spend. I was wondering if there was any ideas of super cheap lunch ideas or something like that. Thank you!

[ Answer Question | View Answers (1) ]

When pregnant not happen?

Posted Monday October 28 2013, 3:51 pm

When pregnant happen?

[ Answer Question | View Answers (2) ]

Parental Involvement in the nursery

Posted Tuesday September 10 2013, 8:13 am

Hi

We are trying to get parents more interested in helping out in the nursery and we are looking for ways of encouragning them. We have a lot of different languages and we would perhaps like them to read a story in their own language etc. Or just come in and get more involved.

Any ideas on how we can encourage this would be greatfully received

[ Answer Question | View Answers (2) ]

mom is abuseive

Posted Friday August 23 2013, 3:22 pm

What to when your mom calls you a hore and stupied and you buy a gift for her and she throws it in your face and threatens to beat you with fishing pole

[ Answer Question | View Answers (5) ]

How do you get you child happy about something they used to really want?

Posted Thursday August 22 2013, 11:47 pm

Imagine that you have two daughters. Your oldest is spoiled, impatient, and demanding while you youngest is about as patient as they come and very passive and calm.

When your oldest turns 16, she thinks you have to buy her a car. You buy her one because she promises to help with errands and it could make your life easier. Later, when your youngest turns 16, you know that the fair thing to do is get her a car too. You look for one, but your spouse sticks her with this ugly price of junk that the two of you didn't have to pay a dime for, so it doesn't compare to your oldest' s sports car that you bought. Also, your youngest' s car quits working only a short time after she gets it. But your oldest' s last for years.

...

[ Answer Question | View Answers (1) ]
Recent popular questions:
Want to give advice?

Click here to start your own advice column!

can I still get pregnant if my cherry isn't popped?
Needing some advice about a "friend"
sweat pants for gym (middle school)
My ex is now engaged to his ex before me Am i wrong for being mad?
USPS Media Mail package has not arrived
I don't use tampons or pads....?
I'm 13 and I know that al
My Future Job
I like a gril
Needy girl
I don't know if I want to play field hockey anymore...
I hate my job
How can I stay away?
dating a guy for a yr.i been here thru alot of stuff.. now a baby with someone else?
something is wrong with my reproductive system. help??
Old guy friend
Dose this make me strange?
should i date him
preachers wife having baby shower
Cannot make a decision beween these two

All content on this page posted by members of advicenators.com is the responsibility those individual members. Other content © 2003-2014 advicenators.com. We do not promise accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any advice and are not responsible for content.

Attention: NOTHING on this site may be reproduced in any fashion whatsoever without explicit consent (in writing) of the owner of said material, unless otherwise stated on the page where the content originated. Search engines are free to index and cache our content.
Users who post their account names or personal information in their questions have no expectation of privacy beyond that point for anything they disclose. Questions are otherwise considered anonymous to the general public.

[Valid RSS] eXTReMe Tracker