Free AdviceGet Free Advice
Home | Get advice | Give advice | Topics | Columnists | - !START HERE! -
Make Suggestions | Sitemap

Get Advice

Search Questions

Ask A Question

Browse Advice Columnists

Search Advice Columnists

Chat Room

Give Advice

View Questions
Search Questions
Advice Topics

Login

Username:
Password:
Remember me
Register for free!
Lost Password?

Want to give Advice?

Sign Up Now
(It's FREE!)

Miscellaneous

Shirts and Stuff
Page Backgrounds
Make Suggestions
Site News
Link To Us
About Us
Terms of Service
Help/FAQ
Sitemap
Contact Us

Viewing Questions

Cooking
Make your own food! Ask your question here.

View: Search Options...

Oreo Truffles without cream cheese

Posted Thursday May 8 2014, 11:19 pm

Hi. I would like to make oreo truffles for mother's day and my option is no cream cheese because it is high of fat and not good for my mom. So any ideas on what to replace the cream cheese? Could I use whip cream, condensed milk or butter? Pls any ideas? Thank you

[ Answer Question | View Answers (1) ]

Roommate changed our diet, what do?

Posted Wednesday April 23 2014, 9:01 pm

My gf and I got a new roommate because our apartment has an extra bedroom and it makes rent easier on us. He's a really nice guy that works in the area. He loves to cook. Since he moved in 8 months ago he has made breakfast, lunch, dinner and desserts EVERY day. He said cookings a hobby for him and its great the tastes are really rich. My gf and I both think it would be rude to refuse what he makes for us so we're eating all the time. He always insists that he'll take care of things like cleaning shopping and other errands if we try one of his cakes or pies or something. We both feel lazier and sit around a lot more now. Cant help but feel lethargic and we both agree the foods so good. And we've put on about 30 lbs each and we have to wear ...

[ Answer Question | View Answers (3) ]

setting every thing on fire when I try to cook

Posted Friday March 21 2014, 7:10 pm

can anyone tell me why the fuck is it everytime i cook it ends up on fire or blown up in my face i mean oce i even set my poptart on fire wtf?

[ Answer Question | View Answers (4) ]

Gluten free recipes for kids

Posted Sunday March 2 2014, 9:59 am

Ever since my child was critically ill, she can't have anything with gluten/wheat anymore. It is really hard to tell a 5 year old child that she can't eat basically anything her friends eat or that she sees people eat on TV. Her little face... :( Do you know of any good child friendly foods I can make that contains no gluten? Bless you if you can help me!

[ Answer Question | View Answers (3) ]

Gluten free yogurt

Posted Friday February 28 2014, 12:37 pm

Is yogurt gluten free? If not, are there special kinds of yogurt that are because I can't have any wheat products at all since I got sick. :(

[ Answer Question | View Answers (3) ]

Can you overdose on Sriracha sauce?

Posted Thursday February 20 2014, 4:00 am

Hey everyone, I ate mexican food today and used more sriracha sauce than normal, like a LOT more and now I don't feel great. Can you use too much sriracha sauce, will it make you sick?

Thank you!

[ Answer Question | View Answers (2) ]

Coupons: Where do you find coupons like they do on "Extreme Couponing?"

Posted Friday January 31 2014, 11:15 am

Where can I find coupons? I am looking to save a ton of money this year. I have watched "Extreme Couponing" and was wondering where I can find manufacturing coupons without expiration dates?

[ Answer Question | View Answers (2) ]

Rubbery Chicken

Posted Sunday January 19 2014, 1:47 am

I cook my chicken pan fried with a light amount of oil on medium heat, half covered. I cook the thighs for 30 min, they come out perfect. I cook the winglettes for 20 min, perfect. But... the drums and the drummets always seem to come out rubbery and tough. I cook the drums for 30 min and the drummets for 20. What am I doing wrong with the drums and drummets?

[ Answer Question | View Answers (2) ]

What's for dinner?

Posted Thursday January 9 2014, 10:05 pm

I just ate a slice of plain boiled liver, a yam and an orange for dinner. Is that weird?

[ Answer Question | View Answers (1) ]

too much salt

Posted Wednesday August 28 2013, 10:37 am

I made beef gravy, and added too much salt. Is there a way to cut the saltiness in the gravy?

[ Answer Question | View Answers (1) ]

Hey what is awesome food

Posted Monday July 15 2013, 10:25 pm

what is awesome to cook im bored with what i usually cook (mostly Italian food,spaghetti,mostacholi,linguini)and was wondering if anyone had any good food ideas.:]

[ Answer Question | View Answers (1) ]

I don't know how to eat.

Posted Monday July 15 2013, 9:09 pm

I am 19, and a female working FULL TIME and in college FULL TIME. I live with my boyfriend and three roommates. It is a decision through our house that we don't eat each others' food or share food.

With that said, I usually eat a lot of fast food. And I mean way too much. It hit me the other day when I bought breakfast at McDonalds- 5$, lunch at Tropical Smoothie- 9$ and finally dinner for my boyfriend and I at Taco Bell 12$
Talk about a heart attack.

So now I'm trying to change my ways, save money, and feel better but I have one major problem: I don't know how to grocery shop, plan meals, or even cook. Of course we go to the grocery store but we end up buying junk and microwavable meals that my stomach...

[ Answer Question | View Answers (3) ]

What are your favourite food blogs?

Posted Tuesday April 30 2013, 6:25 pm

Hi all,

I'd like to find some new food blogs to follow! I feel like I'm tired of looking at the same ones, but yet just googling for some hasn't given me the results I desire.

I'd like something that's focused on savory foods and simple/basic meals..the kind of foods you can make on a weekday and won't need a million ingredients for. I.e nothing very elaborate and complex.

So what are your favourite blogs or websites that you recommend? :)

[ Answer Question | View Answers (1) ]

What is this third utensil used for?

Posted Saturday April 13 2013, 10:41 am

Hi all,
I purchased a three piece utensil set from Ikea yesterday. Two pieces are quite evident but I just could not figure out what the third one is used for.
http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/70149328/

Wuld anybody be kind enough to tell me what that very right utensil is made for? To be honest I haven't even come across something like this before.

[ Answer Question | View Answers (1) ]

Packing lunch

Posted Saturday March 9 2013, 5:42 pm

As most schools, my school has some nasty tasting food. My mom told me that it's a waste of her money if I don't even like it. She said to look for some ideas of food to put in my lunch bag because I'm very picky and don't really like ham and turkey sandwiches that much(I'll eat it sometimes though). Any ideas of what she can put in my lunch box???

[ Answer Question | View Answers (4) ]

Pancakes recipes useing just flour, sugar, vanilla, milk,and butter

Posted Saturday March 9 2013, 2:54 pm

I need a recipe for Pancakes useing just milk,flour,sugar,vanilla ,butter,and oil

[ Answer Question | View Answers (1) ]

PLEASE HELP! Can I eat this?

Posted Wednesday March 6 2013, 8:40 pm

13/F

So my mom and I went to a bakery and I got a Pink Champagne cupcake. Do you think it has actual champagne in it? And if it does, does it have enough of it that I'll get drunk or something? I haven't eaten it yet, but I'm planning to later.

[ Answer Question | View Answers (3) ]

Eating frozen pizza after it's turned to refrigerator temperature?

Posted Sunday February 3 2013, 5:01 pm

Hi all - I have a quick, maybe silly, question about frozen pizza. I bought one the other day but unfortunately had no space in the freezer so I just put it in my fridge (my fridge is on the coldest setting) because I was planning to eat it within the hour anyway. Unfortunately things came up and today is the first chance I've had to make it. So it's been in the fridge 3 days and I just made it and ate it. It was quite soft and didn't get that crunch/crispiness but tasted fine.

Is that safe? I mean, the pizza was still in the fridge but now that I think about it, I'm not so sure how safe it is to make a frozen pizza after it's thawed. Might've been stupid of me to eat it but I am a hungry student & no other options on a late Sunday night!

[ Answer Question | View Answers (2) ]

Can You Freeze Mascarpone cheese without ruining it?

Posted Saturday December 15 2012, 3:46 pm

I made a huge bowl of mascarpone (cheese) buttercream filling, can I freeze what is left?

[ Answer Question | View Answers (1) ]

European equivalent of ranch dressing?

Posted Monday October 15 2012, 2:42 pm

I was wondering if there are any advice givers out there who have good food experience from both Europe and US?
I see quite a lot of nice recipes online, but problems approach when "ranch dressing" is required. Or powder for ranch dressing.

First of all, I have no idea what ranch dressing might taste like. But regardless, I would like to know if any of you discovered something in Europe that tastes like ranch dressing? Or is there a simple way to whip it up yourself?
I can guarantee you that out of 10 or so European Countries I've been to and lived in, I've never come across ranch dressing...

Any answers would be much appreciated!

[ Answer Question | View Answers (1) ]
Recent popular questions:
Want to give advice?

Click here to start your own advice column!

I'm so lazy and unfocused.
I'm not sure if I have a strong chance of being pregnant
child custody questions
Yeast Infection Cure
What I got for my boyfriend's birthday--Is it good enough?
online dating
Big virgin tease ! (female)
Plexiglass
What do you leave at the grave of a child when you visit?
22 year old need to grow up
Regarding a message between my boyfriend and one of his friends
Likes me or is he just using me
how much to feed a puppy
My father is cheating.. I am the only one who knows
Making crucial life choices. Need help.
What is going on?
Should I approach him, or wait for him?
i like him but it might not be right to like him
Do I have an eating disorder?
Anxiety and treatment for a teenager

All content on this page posted by members of advicenators.com is the responsibility those individual members. Other content © 2003-2014 advicenators.com. We do not promise accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any advice and are not responsible for content.

Attention: NOTHING on this site may be reproduced in any fashion whatsoever without explicit consent (in writing) of the owner of said material, unless otherwise stated on the page where the content originated. Search engines are free to index and cache our content.
Users who post their account names or personal information in their questions have no expectation of privacy beyond that point for anything they disclose. Questions are otherwise considered anonymous to the general public.

[Valid RSS] eXTReMe Tracker