Advicenators: Paid Accounts
Because we have users that like extra features, and because we're broke, Advicenators has introduced the paid accounts option. Paid accounts are totally optional. To make your account a paid one, fill out the form below:
Get a Paid Account
About Paid Accounts
What's a Paid account?
It's a $10/year upgrade for an existing account. You get some extra features that some people like.
What do I get with a Paid account?
What happens when my year is up?
- You'll get the warm fuzzy feeling you get from helping advicenators.
- When logged in, you won't see ads anywhere.
- You'll get to create custom style templates to make your column look like any web page.
- You have access to a special "paid account member" discussion forum to socialize with other paid members and the advicenators site management.
- You can change your username.
- You get this nifty gold star by your name in all the columnist search pages:
- You get to see details about questions that other people don't get to see. When you view or answer a question, a box will tell you the age and gender of who asked the question, along with how many of its answers they've actually read, its rating, whether or not it's been deleted (and why), etc. It's shown to the right of question text and looks like this:
When you have thirty days left, you'll have the option to renew your account and buy another year at whatever the going rate is (it might go up from $10). If you don't want to renew your Paid account, you'll go back to being a normal user. If you've created any custom templates, you'll still be able to edit them, but you won't be able to create any more.
Do I get extra publicity/privileges/love if I get a Paid account?
We love all of our columnists regardless of how much they pay us, so aside from the ad thing, we treat you like a normal columnist. Having a Paid account doesn't keep us from banning you if you break the rules, nor will it get you to a higher moderator level.
Can you suspend users with Paid accounts?
Yes. If you break the rules, you get banned, just like everyone else. No payments are refunded and you do not get extra days to make up for the ones you couldn't use due to a ban. Paid users have to follow the same rules everyone else does.
How much is it?
$10 per year.
How long does it take to process?
Less than 48 hours, unless one of us is on vacation or something. Your paid account expires exactly one year from the day we activate it. When we activate it, you'll have the gold star by your name and you'll see the link to the supporter discussion pages on your side column. If it's been a day or so and nothing has shown up, PLEASE contact us right away... the best thing way to do that is to click the "make suggestions" link on the side and suggest that we activate your account!
How do I pay you?
Using PayPal. Right now we don't accept anything else.
Do I currently have a paid account?
Let's check your user information... no, you do not currently have a paid account.